We are looking for worksheets in various languagesWe are looking for worksheets on various languages like English, Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada etc.
The purpose of the worksheet is to help kids learn a new language.
To avoid overlap, we will allow only 1 person to post on a specific language.
Since we have a lot of people posting pictures, we are not accepting any new members for drawing. It is very hard to train a person and make him/her understand all the rules. SO we will choose only existing members for this.
If you have been posting drawings without errors and like to post language based worksheets, please post a response below with your preferred language.
We are looking for worksheets on:
1. All Alphabets in the language
2. Capital letters and small letters
3. You may do them as colorable (hollow text) worksheets so that kids can learn by coloring. Please do not draw the letters (unless you can do it excellently). Instead, download and install some Hollow Fonts and simply type tyem.
4. We need some worksheets which simply show all alphabets so that kids can print and hang on the wall.
5. If you can show with arrows how to write each letter, that will be another interesting one. For example, take the letter "A". You can make a worksheet only for letter "A". IN this worksheet, you will show how to write "A" step by step with an arrow mark. And then you will provide some dots to draw through the dots so that kids can practice by writing it in the printed paper.
A good example: http://www.superteacherworksheets.com/cursive/cursive-d.pdf
6. Another type you can do is, print words and corresponding images. Leave a blank space for kids to write the same word again.
7. In case of non-English language alphabets, show how to pronounce the letter through an approach like this: http://www.balmitra.com/languagebook/hindi/hindialphabets.pdf
Just search in Google for "hand writing worksheets", "hindi worksheets" etc. You will find a lot of good samples. Do not copy, but make your own.
How to make worksheets for language learning
If you are pre approved to post Language teaching worksheets, please follow the instructions here. I am posting it here since I am wasting a lot of time editing, guiding and rejecting worksheets. If you follow the instructions carefully, you can save a lot of time and there will be no need to keep revising your worksheets.
Since this is an educational site, we expect great quality worksheets. We definitely do not want to teach wrong thing to kids.
I am taking the example of alphabet ए in Hindi. This is how you can make a worksheet to teach ए in Hindi:
1. Show the real letter ए in the top of the worksheet in a big size.
2. Then show a color picture of something that start with letter ए.
3. Write (type) the name of the picture below it in color.
4. Then show that letter in big size, with arrow mark on the side to show the
direction in which kid have to write the letter ए (in doted lines). See this example. This is how I want the letter writing practice worksheets.
5. Then show the letter ए 10 or 20 times below it in dotted lines so that the kid can write along the dots to practice how to write ए.
6. Refer to several other websites to see how professional they are doing. Find out lot of samples and learn from them.
7. Do not draw the letters or words when we teach language. Instead, type them using appropriate fonts. Drawing will not make perfect letters or words. When the purpose is to teach letters or words, it has to be written in perfect shape.
8. Read this page before you start with each worksheet.
Please note that the amount of hard work you do is not the measure to approve or reward your posts. Rather, we pay according to the professional quality of the worksheet and according to the usefulness of the worksheet.
Shobha - Telugu
Sujit - Malayalam
Meena Shaw - German, Odissi, Italian, Bengali
Tasneem - Arabic
Rekha - English, Kannada
Sindhu Pratap - Tamil
All those who are adding non-English worksheets,please refer to this document for correct sounds and sample English words: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AstpsZtKVq0JdGpYVVNXdkdPOEVKU3haRWVfTkhyWXc&hl=en_US#gid=0