Material required making 3d paper Christmas tree
• Green paper or pastel sheet
• Scissors and craft knife
• Toilet paper tube or paper roll
• Sequins, beads, buttons or any other decorative material
Steps to make 3d paper Christmas tree
- First draw the following figure on green card board to make pyramid for Christmas tree. Make three drawings of pyramid of varying sizes. Like shown below and cut them. With the help of craft knife make cross slits following the "X" lines at the center of each square pyramid.
- Fold the triangles of the pyramids inward and then unfold to get a properly creased base. There are two triangles which have a pair of side tabs. Fold each side tab inwards.
- Now bring one triangle with side tabs and its adjacent triangle up towards the center. Glue the two triangles together by the side tab. Bring the remaining triangles towards the center, gluing them together along the side tabs
- Make other two pyramids in the same way.
- Glue each pyramid in descending order (in terms of the size) by applying the glue connecting the four corners of the cross slits. Push down the pyramids so that the tip of the large pyramid is pushed inside the cross slits of the middle-sized pyramid and middle-sized pyramid inside the small pyramid. The glue applied at the four corners of the cross slits will bind the pyramids permanently together.
- Make a paper roll like shown below or insert a toilet paper tube through the cross slits until its top touches the inside walls of the large pyramid to make a stem.
- Your Christmas tree is ready for decoration. Decorate it with cotton and plastic stars or any other decorative material you like.
This is really nice creativity. I like the X-mas tree.