Under the notifications of Medical Council of India, NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is the entrance examination for medical courses. If you want to become a general physician or eye specialist or gynecologist in the future, then you will have to get a good rank in NEET. A good score in NEET will make you eligible for some top-ranking medical colleges. However, one concern here is that the number of seats in good medical colleges is very less. Therefore, if you want to become a doctor in the future, you need to score very high and get a good rank. This article will give you a complete guide to crack NEET at first attempt.
How to crack NEET in the first attempt?
Aspirants of NEET need to have the right strategy, so they can crack NEET on their first try. First of all, let us go through some of the points that are a complete guide to crack NEET at first attempt. Then, we will look into some quick tips to crack NEET examination.
How to prepare for NEET examination?
- Start preparing early. If you want to become a doctor, then you need to start your preparation right from the beginning of your plus twos. In comparison to engineering seats, medical seats are much less. All the subjects that you need to clear in NEET are taught from the beginning in plus twos. If you wish to appear for NEET and your plus two examinations simultaneously, then you have no other option than to start with NEET preparation from the beginning of your higher secondary session.
- Meet daily academic deadlines. Only you can be vigilant for what you are studying and how much you are studying at this point in time. You need to keep some daily academic deadlines for the subjects in NEET. For example, you can make a deadline for finishing the chapter on the human heart in two days. Make sure you stick to that deadline. Do finish that deadline within the time that you set for yourself. Then when you finish the chapter, solve objective questions on heart valves, muscles, and blood circulation.
- Study books that help in NEET preparation. It is recommended by experts that books by NCERT are the best ones to prepare for NEET. For studying Physics, it is said that the students should begin with the textbooks on physics for class 11 by NCERT. Same goes for Biology and Chemistry. However, just completing textbooks will not help. You need to buy books that have problems from Physics, Chemistry and some from evolution related chapters of Biology. There are some solution books available on those problems by NCERT. Before buying a book, consult your school teacher, go through the contents on the book and then buy it.
- However, if you find difficulties in self-studying, get training from any NEET Entrance Coaching Centres in Kerala. The best NEET coaching can help to ease your tough road.
Important NEET Preparation Tips & Tricks
- Make a proper timetable - Always remember that the timetable you make must be realistic. You will be attending your school regularly, then after that, you may have joined coaching classes for NEET. In that case, the timetable should not include any time that overlaps with your school and coaching center. Make full utilization of national holidays and weekends. Stick to this timetable right from the beginning of higher secondary and you will sail easily through NEET.
- Give mock tests - As NEET is a competitive examination, you require to sit for a lot of mock tests to know your progress. If your preparation with the books is thorough, enroll for mock tests in some professional Entrance Coaching Institutions in Kerala and go through your test results. This will help you understand whether you are good to go in the first attempt or not.
- Be careful while marking answers - The answers are to be shaded in the OMR sheet. A lot of students getting negative marks just because they didn't observe the options correctly and by mistake shaded the wrong option, then scratched it off and marked the correct option. This will be marked as incorrect by the computer and you will get negative marks for the incorrect answer. One suggestion here would be to mark the option in the test booklet with a pencil and then be absolutely sure before you mark them on the answer sheet.
- Familiarize yourself with marking schemes and examination pattern - It may so happen that in a certain year the marking pattern of the question changes and the negative marking percentage decreases or increases. If you are not aware, then you will lose unnecessarily. Therefore, make sure that you thoroughly check the marking scheme, syllabus, etc. for the year you are appearing in NEET.
- Associate related chapters, formulae - The syllabus of NEET is definitely lengthy. In order to cope with it, you have to identify those areas of the syllabus which are similar to each other. There are lots of such areas or formulae in Physics and Biology. You need to make a subject or topic wise chart. Then link the topics that have relatable areas. In that way, studying once will cover two or more topics. This will decrease your time required for preparation.